- "Adjudicating Officer" means the Adjudicating Officer appointed by the Authority under the PDPA;
- "Authority" means the Data Protection Authority of India established under the PDPA;
- "Automated Means" means any equipment capable of operating automatically in response to instructions given for the purpose of Processing (as defined in Article 1(9)) data;
- "Collected Data" shall have the meanings prescribed in Article 2;
- "Data Fiduciary" means any person, including a nation state, a company, any juristic entity or any individual who alone or in conjunction with others determines the purpose and means of Processing of Personal Data;
- "Data Principal" means the natural person to whom the Personal Data (as defined in Article 1(10)) relates;
- "PDPA" refers to the Personal Data Protection Act;;
- "Personal Data" means data about or relating to a natural person who is directly or indirectly identifiable, having regard to any characteristic, trait, attribute or any other feature of the identity of such natural person, whether online or offline, or any combination of such features with any other information, and shall include any inference drawn from such data for the purpose of profiling;
- "Processed", "Processing", or "Process" means an operation or set of operations performed on personal data, and may include operations such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, use, alignment or combination, indexing, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, restriction, erasure or destruction;
- "Purpose" shall have the meaning prescribed in Article 3; and
2. Collected Data
- Legal names, date of birth, mobile numbers, e-mail addresses, detailed address, language abilities, education background, professional experience, employment background, professional interests;
- Other Personal Data that you voluntarily provide to us via application form and/or any measures for the Service;
- Any derivative data which is derived, inferred, developed, created, or observed by us based on the Personal Data above in course of providing the Service;
- Usage data, including your devices' internet protocol address, browser information, browsing history, unique identifiers, and other diagnostic information;
- Tracking & cookies data, among other types of cookies, session cookies, preference cookies, and security cookies.
Tech Japan will Process the Collected Data, in a fair and reasonable manner, to the extent that is necessary for the purpose of providing, operating, maintaining, monitoring, improving, and safeguarding the Service ("Purpose"), or for other purposes that are incidental or connected with the Purpose (including, but not limited to, to provide necessary notifications, to provide customer support, to detect, prevent and address technical issues, and to provide any news, updates, marketing or promotional materials and any information) for as long as necessary to satisfy the Purpose.
4. Transfer & Storage
Tech Japan may transfer, maintain and/or store the Collected Data to locations outside of the Republic of India. Unless otherwise notified, the destination country of transfer, maintenance, and/or storage will be Japan.
5. Sharing with Third Parties
To achieve the Purpose, Tech Japan may share the Collected Data with following third parties:
- Companies, firms, entities, and employers with relevant hiring demands that utilize Tech Japan' Service; or
- Third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other third-party service providers) that perform business functions in relation to the Service on behalf of Tech Japan.
6. Your Rights as Data Principal
- As the Data Principle of the Collected Data, you are entitled to the following rights in relation to the Collected Data:
i. the right to withdrawal your consent in relation to your Collected Data;
ii. the right to obtain from Tech Japan:
a. the confirmation whether Tech Japan is Processing or has Processed your Collected Data;
b. your Collected Data being Processed or has been Processed by Tech Japan, or any summary hereof; and
c. a brief summary of Processing activities undertaken by Tech Japan with respect to your Collected Data.
iii. upon your acknowledgement that Tech Japan reserves the right to reasonably reject your request by presenting relevant justifications, only when necessary and without breaching the Purpose, you have the right to:
a. correct any of your Collected Data Processed by Tech Japan that are inaccurate or misleading;
b. complete any of your Collected Data Processed by Tech Japan that are incomplete;
c. update any of your Collected Data Processed by Tech Japan that are out-of-date; and
d. erase any of your Collected Data Processed by Tech Japan that are no longer necessary for the Purpose.
iv. when your Collected Data is shared with any other Data Fiduciaries pursuant to Article 5 hereof, the right to be informed the identity of any third parties Processing your Collected Data;
v. the right to file complaints to the Authority; and
vi. the right to receive and transfer to any other Data Fiduciary the following Collected Data:
a. your Collected Data Processed by Tech Japan; and
b. the data which forms part of your profile.
- You may exercise your rights pursuant to the foregoing Article 6(1) by sending a written request with the necessary information as regard to your identity to Tech Japan pursuant to Article 10. By submitting such written request, you may be charged with fees incurred by your request, at the rate determined by Tech Japan at the time of the receipt of your request, except for when such requests are submitted pursuant to Article 6(1)ii(a), Article 6(1)ii(b), Article 6(1)iv(a), and Article 6(1)iv(b). Upon the receipt of such written request, Tech Japan will issue a first response to your request within 30 days or within the maximum response period as permitted by relevant laws and regulations at the time of the receipt, whichever is longer, along with the invoice indicating the fees incurred as well as payment instructions. Upon the receipt of the full payment of such fees, Tech Japan will provide you with information, answers, and other responses in accordance with your request. Tech Japan may reasonably reject your request in writing, in particular when any request may introduce harm to the rights of any other Data Principal, upon which you may, as remedy, file a Complaint to the Authority pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations.
- You may file an application to an Adjudicating Officer to issue a lawful, enforceable order to cause Tech Japan to restrict or prevent the continuing disclosure of your Collected Data when such Collected Data:
i. has served the Purpose or is no longer necessary for the Purpose;
ii. you have withdrawn your consent pertaining to such Collected Data; or
iii. was made contrary to the provisions of any applicable law in force at the time of the disclosure.
- You may submit a complaint to Tech Japan' office designated for the purpose of redressing your grievances pursuant to Article 10 in writing. Tech Japan will issue a response to resolve your compliant in an expeditious manner within 30 days of the receipt of such complaint.
Tech Japan may disclose any of the Collected Data to any third party regardless of jurisdiction when required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when Tech Japan believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect Tech Japan' rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
8. Children's Data
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children" or "Child").
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take necessary steps to remove such information.